Friday 30 March 2012

PHOTO SHOOT

My choice of model changed, Instead of using a white model with
 innocent and soft features, i have used someone with a Jamaican ethnic
background, The reason for this is because I wanted someone with dark hair
 and bold features for when i come to edit  my photographs, this mean the
contrast Will be bolder and more effective on my final artifact.

She wears rings made in India and eyelashes coated in caviar beads
 (made by me) The rings and tiny beads represent different people, i
want my audience to look at the details on my model, hence why i have
used a white background, this makes my model stand out, therefore
 following the conventions of a fashion shoot, it is predictable and expected
 because we expect the model to be the main focal point in a shoot, normally
advertising garments or fashion labels. I want my viewers to look past this and
look into the details.

Another reason for using a Jamaican model is because I dont believe
there is enough diversity of models in the fashion world, We rarely see black
or other ethnicity's on Magazine covers, so i would like to present
this idea to my viewers ,about how much we see or pay attention.
Eyelashes dipped in caviar beads

No comments:

Post a Comment